Hello, my name is Joseph. I’ve had this website for a while but I wanted to welcome new visitors to my blog about living in Costa Rica.
I’m a 12+ year full permanent resident of Costa Rica (transplanted native New Yorker) and originally came to Costa Rica in 1999 for the first time. I started this blog many years ago because so many people were asking me about what it’s like to live in Costa Rica. Personally, I love living here, and by far the majority of people who choose to move to Costa Rica are very happy. I compare it to living in a postcard. It is a laid back place where life can be relaxing and beautiful. The weather is amazing, the people are friendly and your lifestyle doesn’t have to change that much to get acclimatized.
Having said that, Costa Rica is not for everyone. That’s why I created this blog. Here is an example of the many questions I get about living in Costa Rica:
- How much does it cost to live in Costa Rica?
- What about Costa Rica taxes?
- What is the weather like?
- Should I build a home?
- Should I buy a condo or home?
- How much are property taxes?
- Should I import a car or buy one in Costa Rica?
- What is the food like?
- How are the public healthcare services?
- How are the private healthcare services?
- Is their private health insurance?
- Is Costa Rica a safe place to live?
- Can I get by without speaking Spanish?
…and many more.
I’ve lived here long enough to know the answers to most questions people ask about living here. And if I don’t know the answer chances are I know someone who does.
I hope my Costa Rica blog will help you (or someone you love) to make the right decision about whether to live in this beautiful country. If you have any questions just drop a comment below one of my posts and I’ll do my best to help out.
If you want to keep up with what is happening in Costa Rica sign up for my monthly email. I never spam and will never pass on your email to any other party.